Re: NTPDate builds was/SSH with urandom + rdate

Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> writes:

> --KsGdsel6WgEHnImy
>
> On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 05:00:36PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > I will try to reproduce this here.  I don't know rdate, can I use any
> > [host], anything else to keep in mind?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, you'll get the same stuff using ntpdate (hmm, I
> don't know if we have working ntp packages right now).

I don't see them   in  the archive at  all.  I  was just looking   for
ntpdate.  Usually the source packages are available, but this seems to
have disappeared?

Oh, nope I'm wrong.

Or rather I am  both wrong in my assumption  of what  apt-cache search
will return (it apparently   doesn't find source packages w/o  binary)
and ntpdate is in the source.

It also builds and works with just a few tweek.s

1. wants nlist which is a dependency on libelfg0-dev
2. wants the symbol  LIBELF_NLIST_STRUCT defined.

Question on general principle about how we work with submitting patches.

        a.  Does the Debian maintainer  assigned this package want the
        dependencies altered?

        b. How do we signify the dependency on the library? (libelfg0-dev
        isn't in the build dependencies.)

        c. Should the #define be in autoconf format or how do we specify
        the OS related dependency.

Sorry if these seem naive, yet I'm not clear on  how to submit patches
to the  Debian folk especially in light  of the  current concerns with
working on a mutually agreeable system.

--
Hope springs eternal!

/^\