Re: where do NEW packages go?

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

> > Many people in debian-hurd have particular opinions about what FHS
> > should look like, but that's an entirely separate issue, and is not
> > even a Debian issue at all.
>
> Going about modifying policy first is forcing the rest of Debian.

Of course you are right.

We don't need to say that there is a /libexec in order for the Hurd to
work right.  The Hurd does not depend on /libexec.  The current
packages for some core Hurd components happen to use /libexec.
Obviously as long as this is inconsistent with policy, Debian GNU/Hurd
is not ready for release.

It would be quite possible for /libexec to be an option, and not a
requirement (heck, it would be really cool if there could be a way to
specify it by debconf).  But none of this is relevant to the Hurd, as
far as I can tell.

Thomas