Re: tar converts simlinks to directories

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 04:13:42PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> You could try -k.

Thanks, I'll use -k to untar manualy. Still don't figure out how
does dpkg to untar well, since it doesn't use -k (or at least
it doesn't seem to me) but it doesn't matter since the problem
was dpkg crashing so .. untarring GDB =)

Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992