Re: Hurd - Best Packaging Practices - collecting ideas (and texts!)

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 12:45:38PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> Has anyone sent Raphael any input regarding Hurd porting issues yet?
>
> A general list of porting issues is available
> http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-devel-debian and I am sure there
> are other references that are applicable as well.  I would like to
> provide some feedback to him but would appreciate suggestions from the
> list as well.

There is some info on Python's site (http://hurd.dyndns.org), listing
some fixes that aren't in the debian site.

Also the NOFILE problem is listed but not explained in
http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-devel-debian.

A "Replace with RLIMIT_NOFILE" would look better.

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992