Re: J0 CDs

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 01:13:49AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

> Question.  Do we want a new CD set?
> Pro.  A libio system can be installed.
> Con.  Rougher than H3 which might give a bad impression.

As far as I'm considered, the Hurd isn't ready yet for people who
aren't willing to put up with rough edges.  I suspect people who have
been following along know what's going on, new comers won't have seen
H3 so will have nothing to compare against.

Also, people downloading H3 now (possibly over modem links) will be
told that there's no reasonable upgrade path, so they will be forced
to go through an additional download.

So my vote is for a J0 release now.

Thanks for the awesome work, Philip!

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.