Re: Boot Messages

IIRC syslogd doesn't read from files, you use logger(1) to send files or stdout
to syslogd.  Trouble is that I can't get logger(1) to generate any messages.
If it worked you could use:

logger -p kern.info -f /dev/klog &

from a startup script.  I'll see about getting any updates from alpha.gnu.org.

--- Marcus Brinkmann <marcus@gnu.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 10:38:16AM -0700, Kenneth Stailey wrote:
> > Can syslogd be configured to copy /dev/klog to a file when the system
> boots?
> Yes, at least that's the idea.  It's best if you try a recent snapshot
> of inetutils from alpha.gnu.org.  It's something I always wanted to
> verify.  Can you please do it?  Mark Kettenis reported that he did
> exactly that in the past.
> Thanks,
> Marcus

Do You Yahoo!?