Re: Setting up oskit + oskit-mach source tree for debugging

I think you misunderstood my question. I'm sure you know that
gdb will display the source code of your program while you
step through it. I am debugging the oskit-mach kernel, and
I can follow the kernel source except when it calls an oskit
function, I just wondered where the oskit source should be
placed in relation to oskit-mach so that gdb can jump into
the source code properly.

I think I figured it out anyways, but thanks.

BTW, in response to your partitioning scheme, yes, that
should work well. I would make the following change:

(hd0,0) - hda1 - hd0s1 - Linux root - 1GB
(hd0,1) - hda2 - hd0s2 - Hurd root - 1GB (mount in Linux as /gnu )
(hd0,2) - hda3 - hd0s3 - Linux + Hurd Swap - 100-500MB
         hda4 - Extended
(hd0,4) - hda5 - hd0s5 - logical 1 - 1GB - Hurd (and/or Linux) /home
(hd0,5) - hda6 - hd0s6 - logical 2 - Bulk of Disk - Linux /usr

Disk partitioning seems like an art sometimes. It usually takes me a
couple tries to get it "just right".

- Doug

Moritz Schulte wrote:

"B. Douglas Hilton" <doug.hilton@engineer.com> writes:

I noticed my gdb isn't properly finding the oskit sources when I am
stepping through the kernel. How should the source tree be arranged
so that it works as expected?

Uhm, I don't know what's the cause of your problem, but did you have a
look at the node "Source Path" in gdb's info page?