Re: I hate to beat a dead horse, but... (spam-related)

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 09:13:39PM -0700, Josh Hansen wrote:
> Agreed. But what if somebody gets a virus (ahem, Outlook users) and it spams
> everybody in their address book? Isn't it possible some legitimate users
> could end up on the shared spam list by accident?

(rant-mode 1)

Outlook itself is a virus. I would not care about filtering
You shouldn't use a mail reader with remote executing without
authorization features. That's asking for problems. I don't care about
people using it, those subscribed on this list should know about
it. Even if you have to use that stupid non-free system for work you
can use a normal mail reader.

And no I'm not even going to argue about it, this is my only mail in
this thread.

> Just a thought. But you're right - I'm tired of having my heart melted "with
> this beautiful Screen saver" :-)

Contact the list administrators or put this in your .procmailrc:
:0:
* ^From:.*Screen Saver<screensaver@screensaverin.com>
spam

> > A lot of the spam we get here is very predictable, and often very
> > *repeated* (Valentine's day, anyone?)
> >
> > Can't we start filtering them, at least when they've shown up twice?
> > Come to think of it, why not have a shared spam-list for all Debian lists?

Why are you that asking here and not to the Debian list
administrators? They are the one who can do it, we aren't.

> > It would really brighten my day...

Stop complaining and help fixing it. I'm sure the Debian people
wouldn't care about helping with filtering the spam (they already
filter a lot of spam).

> > Anyway, surely *someone* has thought of this before. Why isn't it being
> > done?

Because nobody has sent a mail to the right place I guess.

Just like I said on the help-hurd lists, but maybe saying it in
uppercase helps this time (also for the people not subscribed to
help-hurd):

SHUT UP ABOUT THE SPAM!

Talking about spam is annoying as the spam itself. Also it doesn't fix
anything. Contact the list administrators for filtering the spam or
the ISPs sending those spam messages instead. And don't make me
filtering all the subjects with "spam" in it. Oh, and this my only
mail in this thread.

Oh and for the people too stupid to find it out thereself:
See http://www.debian.org/contact how to contact the listadmings.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org