Re: i386-gnu OSKit (Was: something funny about...)

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 04:54:37PM -0500, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> Ok, that looked promising for OSKit at least. It appears that the -D__ELF__
> is what has been messing me up. Maybe this will work for me now...

I don't know what __ELF__ does, is that the unix part of the code?
Then you don't need that for OSKit-Mach, read
http://www.etherhogz.org/doc/oskit-mach.html.

> Oh, i used --prefix=/usr/i386-gnu so that the libs and headers get installed
> for the cross-compiler in the preferred place. I think this is right.

You don't have to cross-compile the OSKit or OSKit-Mach.
Kevin, could you add that to your doc?

> I tried briefly to modify configure.in so that autoconf will make a
> configure
> that adds this flag for Hurd, but haven't solved it yet. Maybe I'll make a
> small patch for OSKit if I can crack it. The trick is to not interfere with
> any of the other possible configurations. I'm trying something like this:
>
> case $CC in
>    i386-gnu*) OSKIT_DEFS="$OSKIT_DEFS -D__ELF";;
> esac

My impression is that OSKit development is a bit stalled at the
moment. The patch could go in the Debian package however, if it works
correctly.

Also try to quote correctly next time.
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting is a nice document
to learn it for example, it certainly makes reading mails easier.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org