Re: Victory! GNU Pth built / tested on Hurd!

Good deal. From what I was reading about pth and
its support for pthreads, it is important to note that
pth is non-preemptive. Apparently there is nothing
in the pthread API that requires this, but some apps
which expect this behavior may not function correctly.

So this is not really an ideal replacement for a well
written native pthreads implementation in Hurd's libc,
but it certainly is a step in the right direction. At least
we can try and build pthread dependant apps now and
see if they work, fix other problems, etc.

- Doug

Glenn McGrath wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:38:31 -0500