Re: New Unrestricted Banner for Hurd Project (Binary Attached) gnu-hurd-banner.jpg (1/1)

Humm, I have been misunderstood.  I would like to see your pictures.
mail.yahoo sucks and the pictures aren't displaying.

--- "B. Douglas Hilton" <doug.hilton@engineer.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I found it surfing for "wildebeasts" and found some website
> with scenes from the African plains. I distorted the original and
> so I don't have it anymore and I can't remember what website
> it was.
>
> To make this, I kind of traced the general outlines of my already
> modified copy on a new layer, then wiped the original layer. This
> left me with a very rough trace which I filled in to black and
> white
> and then subsequently applied the effects.
>
> I don't see how this could possibly break his copyright since I
> actually
> sketched it out freehand with my mouse. There is no remenant
> whatsoever
> of the original photo anywhere in these images.
>
> It was a really nice picture. Too bad the photographer wasn't
> feeling
> charitable. I mentioned it was for a non-profit public project but
> he
> said it didn't matter and he wanted money. Oh well. Imitation is
> the sincerest form of flattery as they say.
>
> Try it, its kind of fun!
>
> - Doug
>

> James Morrison wrote:
>
>  > Hi, I'm curious to see this picture, is it up on a website
> anywhere?
>  >
>  >--- "B. Douglas Hilton" <doug.hilton@engineer.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >>Several months ago I made a Hurd banner from a real photo which
> was
>  >>very
>  >>cool, but had to retract it as the photographer wanted a royalty
>  >>use it.
>  >>

> --

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU