Re: New Unrestricted Banner for Hurd Project (Binary Attached) gnu-hurd-banner.jpg (1/1)

Sorry, I found it surfing for "wildebeasts" and found some website
with scenes from the African plains. I distorted the original and
so I don't have it anymore and I can't remember what website
it was.

To make this, I kind of traced the general outlines of my already
modified copy on a new layer, then wiped the original layer. This
left me with a very rough trace which I filled in to black and white
and then subsequently applied the effects.

I don't see how this could possibly break his copyright since I actually
sketched it out freehand with my mouse. There is no remenant whatsoever
of the original photo anywhere in these images.

It was a really nice picture. Too bad the photographer wasn't feeling
charitable. I mentioned it was for a non-profit public project but he
said it didn't matter and he wanted money. Oh well. Imitation is
the sincerest form of flattery as they say.

Try it, its kind of fun!

- Doug