Where will standard IPC be found?

In porting the Hurd to other Microkernels I wonder where it puts the use
of IPC. I see IPC is pretty heavy in use in Mach but hardley mentioned in
L4 and I do understand IPC is important in the Hurd.

IS there going to be a standard within the Hurd that allows an application
programmer to add an end user oriented port to their program, in a
simplified consistant manner? (i.e. as is found in the ease of adding an
arexx port to amiga applications)

As an end user, I want to be able to send commands to a programs port and
control it, from where ever outside the program, that I may. This way I can
create a script using the vocabulary of the program(s) and automate the
program(s) perhaps in concert. Making it easy to add such a port to open
source programs will be extreamly helpful.

I don't know, maybe a server to handle such port usage and the skeleton
code for application port installation ease, is all that is needed?

Is this a reasonable possibility, or would such IPC functionality be found
already existing deeper, and usable in such a manner, within the Hurd?
(regardless of what kernel or microkernel it is ported to)

Tim