Re: ABI change. Was Autobuilder needed?

I found this.  I hope people find this informative, if it is correct and
relevant.  I have now discovered how to use dict.

Phil.

1 definition found

>From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (13 Mar 01) [foldoc]:

  Application Binary Interface

     <programming> (ABI) The interface by which an {application
     program} gains access to {operating system} and other
     services.  It should be possible to run the same compiled
     {binary} applications on any system with the right ABI.

     Examples are {88open}'s {Binary Compatibility Standard}, the
     {PowerOpen Environment} and {Windows sockets}.

     (1994-11-08)

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz