Re: G1, H1 or H2?

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:31:16 Steven Mooij wrote:
Ok, I got myself a spare computer, tried to install the Hurd with the installation manual and hurd-latest.tar.gz and it worked, but not for long. It keeps crashing and crashing. Sometimes with, sometimes without an error message. Now, I read somewhere that I should have a machine with at least 128MB internal and 256MB swap memory, and I only have a machine with 64 MB memory. Is it useless for me to try to install it from the CD images? Or will that keep crashing as well. And if not, what's the difference between G1, H1 and H2?

Don't know about the RAM but on the swap it works for me with
128 MB. The latest set is H2.

Cheers,

Robert Millan          Debian/GNU user
zeratul2 wanadoo es    http://getyouriso.dyndns.org/