Re: APT archive

Hi!

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:07:28 Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
(CC'd debian-hurd as the people there may also be interested)

There is already a wishlist item filed about it, but only the way
suggested is not the Right Way IMHO:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=118910&repeatmerged=yes

I spoke with Adam Heath about it; he told me he had a more-or-less working
patch he was working on.. hope that it gets stable soon to merge with dpkg.

Please append your additional ideas to bug #118910. Having a more complete
description will hopefuly draw attention to it :)

Note that kernel-headers should be linux-headers actually. :))
Kernel-headers should be some meta package depending on the right
headers for the right platform.

The problem is that this is hard-coded in make-kpkg. We could use
kernel-headers-<kernel><version> untill it gets fixed (if ever),
like kernel-headers-netbsd1.5.2

Cheers,

Robert Millan          Debian/GNU user
zeratul2 wanadoo es    http://getyouriso.dyndns.org/