Re: trying to install hurd; kernel trap type 13, code 20000

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 11:29:20PM -0800, Laurel Fan wrote:
> I'm trying to install hurd for the first time.  I used the
> instructions from the easy guide, and used the tarball.
>
> Problem is it won't boot.
>
> Here's some of the output:
> com0: at atbus0, port = 3f8, spl = 6, pic = 4. (DOS COM1)
> com1: at atbus1, port = 2f8, spl = 6, pic = 3. (DOS COM2)
> Kernel General protection trap, eip 0x120ebb
> kernel trap, type 13, code 20000
> Dump of i386_save_state 002a1ae8

It would be nice if you could repeat this with the gnumach-dbg from the
gnumach-dbp package (and let us know the eip and the version of the kernel
you used), because this will then allow us to pin it down to a function or
line in the code.

I will also halt the kernel in the debugger, so you don't need to get out
that camera :)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de