Re: Translator -- help

> hi,
>
> I was going thru the code of translators hello.c and
> null.c
>
> Here what is the use of functions:
> trivfs_S_io_read
> trivfs_S_io_write
> trivfs_S_io_seek etc.
>
> Where are these functions declared and when are they
> called?

I was investigating trivfs too now and this is how I think it works:

ports_manage_port_operations_one_thread() passes all incoming
messages to trivfs_demuxer()

trivfs_demuxer() tries to pass incoming messages to
trivfs_io_server(), trivfs_fs_server() and other similar functions

trivfs_io_server() is in MIG-generated file ioServer.c

trivfs_io_server() looks if the incoming message is one of the
messages it takes care of (i.e. all io messages)

if yes then the message is passed to another MIG-generated routine
e.g. trivfs_Xio_read() which unpacks data contained in message,
performs some type checks, retrieves trivfs_protid corresponding to
the receiving port and calls trivfs_S_io_read() passing the data as C
parameters

trivfs_S_io_read() and others is defined either by you in your code
or in libtrivfs which contains standard version of trivfs_S_io_read()

I hope this is correct

Setřete si svého losa a nejlepší vánoční dárky Vám budou říkat „Pane“!
http://los.tiscali.cz/?stirej