Translator -- help

hi,

I was going thru the code of translators hello.c and
null.c

Here what is the use of functions:
trivfs_S_io_read
trivfs_S_io_write
trivfs_S_io_seek etc.

Where are these functions declared and when are they
called?

I have also problems in opening multithreaded
translators
i.e. ports_manage_port_operations_multithread(......)

I give hurd#> settrans -c trans /gnu/null
(null.c is launched as multithreaded in its code)

But trans is not working!

When i give ls -l trans, System does not respond and i
have to give CTRL-C to break it.

Where can i find code of more translator pgms?

Pls. help
arun