Re: Central Hurd web (Was: question about booting hurd)

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 05:35:56PM +0100, Ondrej Hurt wrote:
> You are suggesting to make Yet Another Personal Hurd Site but this is
> exactly what I was arguing against. My point was that people should
> contribute to some central site more than to their own sites.
> I can't contribute myself now because I am a newcomer.

Thios is unfortunate.  However, everybody here has a lot of ideas how things
should be, and although new input is always welcome, there just isn't enough
time to do it all soon.  If there is any point in particular you think that
should be fixed, let us know anytime.

> I could only
> build Yet Another Hurd Directory and this makes no sense.

You could help maintaining an existing directory.  When a directory
will be incorporated, it will definitely not started from scratch, so
it would be working towards your goal either way.

> Do you
> think it would have any use if I tried to work on the Hurd Reference
> Manual in some time (school exams are threatening me now..) even if I
> am newbie and somebody would have to check it and fix it ?

Sure.We review and fix all patches, unless they need more work in fixing it than
would be required from scratch.  Keep in touch with us while you work until
you have a good feeling for how it works.