Re: Mach independence

> Just my 2 cents here, but I think you're thinking on the wrong level.
> The Hurd, gnumach, and a lot of this end of the gnu system are young
> codebases; it doesn't provide what's needed because it's still in the
> early stages of development. Of course, the Hurd has a lot of Mach
> specific stuff in it because it's developmental code being developed on
> and for Mach. Once it becomes an issue; when people start porting the
> Hurd to different microkernels and are forced to deal with the problem,
> the approriate solution will present itself.
> Bob

I think that this became an issue more than year ago when a few
people
proposed a L4 port on this list. But I am not aware of any solution
of portability
issues that you expect to "present itself".

Ondrej

Jak poslat rukou psaný text na mail? Přece faxem Panasonic!
http://www.panasonic.cz/redirect.html