Re: Compiling leafnode: MAXPATHLEN issue

Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@gmx.de> writes:

> Due to my complete ignorance I have no idea what a reasonably large
> number might be. So I just chose an arbitrary value (9999). I was then
> able to build and install leafnode and it works after a fashion.
> However, the texpire program for expiring old news items seems to hang
> (so does the "su" command when I try "su news").

This is just not ever right; the advice you were given was incorrect.
You should always use dynamic allocation; you should also change
MAXPATHLEN to the Posix names (PATH_MAX) and use them the Posix way.

If you don't know how to do that, that's ok; in which case you should
report the bug upstream so that upstream can fix it--and leave the
Debian bug report open.

> I don't know what the usual procedure for this kind of issues is. Should
> I file a bug to the Debian BTS or is it more appropriate to report them
> to debian-hurd?

Use the Debian BTS just as for any other port.