Re: Compiling leafnode: MAXPATHLEN issue

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:59:42 +0100
Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@gmx.de> wrote:

> I just tried to build leafnode from the current debian source package.
> Unfortunately compiling fails due to a MAXPATHLEN issue in activutil.c
>
> Im not a coder, so I can't fix it. If anyone else would like to, I'd be
> pleased...
>
> Hopefully it's not too difficult. Leafnode is a small but incredibly
> useful application.
well, for a quick fix, a simple:

#define MAXPATHLEN nnnn

where nnn is some big number you would like to use for it at the beginning[0]
of each file that uses it or somewhere on a .h that is #include'd by every
file that uses it will do

for a long term fix, dynamic memory allocation is the choice, but that
is not so simple to do, depending on what you need to do...

[]s!

[0]: after all the #include's, I'd say

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |