Re: H1 images - comments and questions.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 09:28:09AM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> The CD boots into Linux.  The Linux installation ramdisk is used to
> partition, make Hurd filesystems and to unpack the tarball onto a Hurd
> HDD partition.  The first time the Hurd boots is at the reboot.

oki, I know this point...

> The idea is to use the latest Debian installer (Linux) so that when a
> native Hurd installer is developed it can be merged into the Debian
> installer.

This is good too but...

> My understanding is that GRUB only works on i386 at the moment, which is
> great for the Hurd, but not for Linux with multiple architectures.

I forgotten this point, hurd works only on i386 arch...

I'd like do some porting on different archs but I've only under my hand a i386 machine,
I'd like help porting hurd ond ppc archs but I haven't one... :(

Thanks,
baux

--
Maurizio Boriani -- Debian Developer