Re: H1 images - comments and questions.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 12:43:54PM +0200, Thierry Laronde wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:33:26AM +0000, Maurizio Boriani wrote:
> >
> > We need anymore linux to start hurd installation? There was'nt a person working on
> > grub+gnumach+hurd direct boot instand lilo+linux?
>
> Me. The patches to use GRUB on CDs have been sent to the grub mailing
> list. The problem is that Debian boot-floppies at the moment still use
> Lilo.
>
> Cheers,

so you're saying we ca boot directly hurd from CD but there is a policy problem
(we've to use debian-boot floppies). If this is true could we contact Admam Di Carlo
who is debian maintainer for booot floppies and add this feature or make a new set of
boot floppies for Debian GNU/HURD... what do you think about this?

--
Maurizio Boriani -- Debian Developer
E-mail address: baux@debian.org