Re: serverboot

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 07:33:04PM -0700, James Morrison wrote:

>   I'm also curios of this.  If I place
> /dev/hd0s2 $(add-linux-paging-file)
>
> as a module from grub will /dev/hd0s2 act as my default pager as it
> does now with serverboot.gz and servers.boot.

No.  It was serverboot acting as default pager, so without serverboot, you
can't get a default pager this way.

The thing to do is to add the swap partition to /etc/fstab, and make sure to
have mach-defpager at the top of /libexec/rc (the Debian package has this
for quite some time now).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de