Re: oskit-mach dodgeyness and package compilation

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:49:59AM +0100, Bob Ham wrote:
> First problem was mig needing i386-gnu-gcc, so a link in /bin now points
> that to gcc.  This implies that the mig package was cross-compiled;
> is this the case?  Shouldn't it not be?

An embarrassing bug on my part.  A new package should come soon.

> It all compiled ok and I tried to boot the resultant kernel.  The
> output from the kernel was staggered over lines, much as what happens
> when telnet goes dodgey.  What it reported wasn't very encouraging
> either; problems with IRQ probes for IDE devices.  After that, it just
> hung.

Note that you really need the very latest oskit binary package.
If you used that and it didn't work, we certainly want to find out why but
if you don't have the time to debug it than we have to wait until someone
can reproduce it who has time :)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de