Re: H1 images

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 08:23:15PM +0200, Martin Samesch wrote:
> > It seems to be a hardware specific problem (?).
>
> Guessing or speculating will not lead to any fix of this problem.

Of course this won't fix the problem and even if we know that it _is_
hardware related it doesn't. Neverthelesss it might lead to a hint, that
helps fixing the problem, if you know the piece of hardware (unless it's
a combination of components) that causes the lock.

> Someone who can reproduce it should please compile his own apt and start to
> localise it, and try to make a reproducible test case that only uses minimal
> code.  Then he should try to nail it down to an individual component (kernel
> or Hurd server).

I don't know anything about C, but maybe I could help, too?

Martin