Re: H1 images

> The woody boot-floppies (3.0.14) has been successfully butchered and will
> be the basis of the H1 images.  Only minor fiddling is needed.
>
> I am planning to include some scripts to help with the initial
> installation.  I would like some help with this.
>
> eg. "initial.sh" installs (with dependencies):- at logrotate console-data
> info man-db manpages mailx exim bsdmainutils console-common ncurses-term
> doc-linux-text perl lynx anacron aptitude mc

Consider adding screen, sudo, emacs/vim and inetutils.

> I am thinking about,
> developer.sh
> X.sh

I think that these are very good ideas.

> *** Checking out department.
> The 1 gig partition limit still applies?

Yes.

> There are still no partitioning tools?

Yes. Parted 1.5.4 compiles and works correctly under the Hurd.  This
is, however, not yet packaged.

> ppp still not functional?

The select bug has not been fixed.

> I am planning to produce the H1 images in about three weeks.  A new
> tarball (baseHurd.tgz) will be produced at the same time.

The booting has changed a bit; this is reflected in the latest version
of my installation guide.  Expect new Hurd and GNU Mach packages this
week.