Re: Average age

On Don, 2001-10-04 at 07:33, Ramakrishnan M wrote:
> James Morrison wrote:
> >
> >   Occationally hearing ages of people on irc or finding on webpages
> > I'm wondering what the average age of GNU/Hurd users and developers
> > is.
>
> I started using a comp when I was 17. Now I am 25, so my "average age" is 8.
> :-)

Well, that's funny, cause I got my first comp (an Schneider EuroPC with
an 8088 CPU and as much as 512kB RAM, no HDD and a nice looking
Monochrome Monitor with something 10" size) with 20, advanced to 486
about two years later, tried that Linux on a version of 0.90 and now
I am 27 using W2k mainly (well there _is_ a problem with that shortage
of programs for Unix-OS's) and still try that Linux now and then.
Hehe, what a change since 0.90.
And since last year, I'm taking a look on GNU/HURD.
That makes an average of 7 years.

I actually started the interest on computer with about 14, doing some
BASIC on a KC85/3 or a KC87 in Theory, as I couldn't afford one at that
time. ;)

Henning