Re: GRUB lockup during boot

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 12:01:02PM -0500, Roger W. Williams wrote:
> This system is a 750MHz Athlon, 128M RAM, 3 IDE HD's, all of which the kernel
> seems to recognize fine.  There is also an Adaptec 2930B Ultra SCSI card which
> has 2 CDROM's and a JAZ drive on it.  Both Linux and xBSD is recognize the
> card as an AH7XXX card which also is supported by the HURD kernel from all the
> info I was able to locate.  What happens to me is it sees the device and

I have AHA-2940 and gnumach doesn't work with too.  Someone said it doesn't
work with AHA-2920.  The drivers of gnumach are from Linux 2.0.36 and have
to be updated.  I tried and I didn't succeed by just replacing files.  But
the only computer I can use Hurd is with this SCSI so I'll certainly fix
that some day :-)

--
Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>, "\"Programmer\""