Re: X11 failled to run (was: H1 images - comments and questions)

Niels Möller writes:

Moritz Schulte <moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de> writes:
You have to specify where to find these libraries by doing
"export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib".

Or move the stuff to /usr/lib. Simply making /usr/X11R6/lib a symlink
to /usr/lib before installing the X packages might work.

I did something like that, recently, and it's causing me trouble:
I moved everything under /usr/X11R6 to the corresponding directories under /usr (since /usr is a symlink to ".", it's really the corresponding directories under /) and made /X11R6 another symlink to ".". Now, attempts to upgrade XFree86 from new debs fail, as the installation-scripts see what I've done and decide that it's not kosher.