Re: PCMCIA and other help

Charles Voelger <cvoelger@dweasel.com> writes:

> What is the situation with L4 Hurd? Is there a chance this will become
> the preferred microkernel rather then OSKit-mach ? also, what kind of
> time frame are we looking at with regards to eliminating gnumach
> entirely?

As far as I can tell, OSKit-mach is a feasible alternative in the not
too distant future. L4 is significantly harder; not much code is
written, and there are some fundamental questions that haven't been
answered yet.

And L4-hurd might still use OSKit device drivers (although I don't
really know how well it fits together).