Re: PCMCIA and other help

--- Charles Voelger <cvoelger@dweasel.com> wrote:

> Hi, I've run the Hurd before, but recently was inspired to actually
> start helping on it, I have it installed, and it runs fine.

 Have you read the FAQ?
http://web.walfield.org/people/neal/papers/hurd-faq/

> Is there a status on PCMCIA? specifically Network cards? if there
> is
> nothing is there some work I can help on?

 Perhaps the Hardware compatibility guide.
It's linked to from the faq.

> Otherwise are there tasks that are needed that would be a good
> place for
> someone totally new to the Hurd to start?
>
> thanks

Check the FAQ and try porting your favourite software to GNU/Hurd

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU