Re: Feed-back please. Problem.

Philip,

I have to confirm in the negative ... I am not having a problem similar
to the one you describe.  occassionally have problems downloading files,
but I don't think the problem is with APT itself. I do not have to
reboot.

I am running on a dual Intel PentiuumPro 200 machine with 64 Mb RAM
(sometimes with 128 Mb swap turned on, sometimes with it turned off).

I see that Ben Armstrong has an AMD machine as have you. It's too early
to tell, but is it possible that the problem might be related to
differences in the AMD instruction set?

Does anyone know how APT was compiled?

Perhaps you could compile APT again on your machine for your achitecture
and see if that makes any difference.

Regards,

Dave McDonald