Re: Help: install problem

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 03:51:29AM +0200, Dios Del Tiempo wrote:

I had a working F2 CD's installation last week, but when I tried to upgrade to
the latest hurd-base package I forgot to install the latest glibc package, and
because that I got an stalled system at the same point as you.

Maybe you forgot to install the latest glibc package or you didn't installed it
at all. =)

This might be a problem of updating glibc, but not updating the Hurd
package.

Thank you all. I worked around my problem with booting from the cd-rom.

But I found that apt-get works differently from on the Debian/Linux. It often does not install all the required let alone suggested packages. I also came across a problem with dselect. Dselect died when installing packages. When I killed the process brutally and it left me an unusable system. I did the reinstallation and found the apt-get problem. Thus I just got the basic system and not the full-functional one, but I'll try later.

Best!