Re: some more JOBS

> If it already uses get_current_dir_name, we can probably exclude
> the
> offending code for the Hurd, or eridicate it completely.  Can you
> do this or
> provide more context?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus

I can provide more context, but I don't have anyway to submit a bug
with a patch.  Installwatch does a number of system operations, such
as chmod.  These functions send a pointer/array of size MAXPATHLEN to
function called canonicalize, which on a glibc based machine just
reassigns the pointer to the return value of get_current_dir_name().
  However, there is still the old unix way of
getcwd(pointer,MAXPATHLEN) with more work.  So we can either use
#ifdef __GLIBC__
  char *canonic;
#else
   char canonic[MAXPATHLEN];
#endif
in each of these functions or is there a better way?

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware