Re: some more JOBS

(parted)

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 07:30:38PM -0400, James A Morrison wrote:
> problems so far: needed to add LIBS='-lshouldbeinlibc -lstore $LIBS' for
> the store_open check.  Already known.  Needed to ln -s libuuid.so.1 libuuid.so
> to get libuuid to get recognized.  And e2fslibs-dev didn't come with
> uuid/uuid.h so I got the source for e2fsprogs and copied the file into
> /include.

This sounds like serious problems in the build of e2fsprogs libraries.
The symlink should not be necessary, somehow a wrong soname got into the
library.  And for the header file... does it ship with the linux version
of the -dev package?

All these soname/library naming conventions should be identical to
Debian GNU/Linux.