Re: some more JOBS

--- Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the below list has some more jobs for porters.  All of them should
> be
> easy if they are useful at all.  For the one or other package, it
> might
> be that the issues visible in the build log are hiding real
> unportabilities.
> I didn't double-check this, so take it with a grain of salt and use
> your
> own judgement.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus
>
> biff  (nickr takes it?)
>
> installwatch
> MAXPATHLEN
>
> mdetect
> accesses c_line, probably not portable, but who knows.
>
> mingetty
> MAXHOSTNAMELEN, sys_errlist, ...
>
> rungetty
> see mingetty, seems to be same code.
>
> stat
> some structure/header confusion
>
> stopafter
> sys_errlist, ERESTARTSYS.

Ok, I did the strerror for this one, but I don't know what
ERESTARTSYS
is.

> x10
> OFILL, CR3, NL1  (looks for these symbols, what are they?)
>
> xmcoustate
> tries to include nlist.h
>
> and
> configuration goes wrong

I think this is sort of linux specific.  So this may take more work
There is some documentation at http://and.sf.net for this
auto-nice daemon.

> xonix
> header confusion (can't see LOCK_EX, looks for _fileno)

Check the debian bts, there should be a fix for this.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware