Re: nessus-libraries

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 05:33:18AM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
>   I have managed to get nessus-libraries to compile, but I don't
> know how well they work since I haven't had a chance to use nessus.

Actually, most of the time I don't test patches.  I am happy with
compilation and local proof of correctness (means: I didn't change how it
works ;)

>  The patch is @ http://www.student.math.uwaterloo.ca/~ja2morri/nessus.patch

I get a 403 (Access forbidden).  I found it in #106386.

You cannot just use code from GNU inetutils by linking to it.  At least, not
yet, because GNU inetutils is not very widespread.  We hope to make it so,
but it is not ready for it (yet).

You will have to copy the code from GNU inetutils into nessus.  Please check
if this is possible (GPL).  If there are license problems, we can either ask
the author to put it in public domain, or you can probably use the
implementation Robert posted to the ssh people (they are very similar
anyway).

Can you work on a new version of the patch?

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de