Re: nessus-libraries

--- Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 05:33:18AM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
> >   I have managed to get nessus-libraries to compile, but I don't
> > know how well they work since I haven't had a chance to use
> nessus.
>
> Actually, most of the time I don't test patches.  I am happy with
> compilation and local proof of correctness (means: I didn't change
> how it
> works ;)
>
> >  The patch is @
> http://www.student.math.uwaterloo.ca/~ja2morri/nessus.patch
>
> I get a 403 (Access forbidden).  I found it in #106386.
Ooops, I thought I'd taken care of that.

> You cannot just use code from GNU inetutils by linking to it.  At
> least, not
> yet, because GNU inetutils is not very widespread.  We hope to make
> it so,
> but it is not ready for it (yet).

Ok, I'll remember that.

> You will have to copy the code from GNU inetutils into nessus.
> Please check
> if this is possible (GPL).  If there are license problems, we can
> either ask
> the author to put it in public domain, or you can probably use the
> implementation Robert posted to the ssh people (they are very
> similar
> anyway).

Well, I should have checked this first, but nessus-libraries are
distributed
under the LGPL so it should be ok to link to link to inetutils, but I
don't
think I can copy code without needing the license changed.

> Can you work on a new version of the patch?

Ok, I should be able to do that today.

> Thanks,
> Marcus

=====