Re: package menu possible fix

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 06:09:23PM +0200, Fabian Sturm wrote:
> Some days ago i wrote that he package menu does not create the
> menu structures for e.g. twm.
>
> Now i found out why.

Great work, Fabian!  You should definitely post this to the mainatainer of
update-menu (he is also the author).  Maybe you can sort this out between
the both of you?  This might be enough for update-menus.  From the look of
it, there might (also?) be a bug in the Hurd, though, and someone should
look at the test case you posted and check if the behaviour on the Hurd is
reasonable within the POSIX standard.

> And here my supposed fix (is /dev/null allways present in hurd?)

Definitely.  We create it very early in the installation process.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de