Re: Another package ported

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

[... and the value for MAXHOSTNAMELEN iiis ...]

> Nevermind, the standard is a moving target.  Sorry.  What I quoted was from
> draft 5, and I now checked draft 6, and it does not refer to a single
> constant "255" anymore.

Which standard are you talking about, now, POSIX?

SUSv2 says the limit is 255 in
<URL:http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xns/gethostname.html>

  Instead, it refers to HOST_NAME_MAX, which has
> the minimum acceptable value 255, but may be unspecified. So, the
> situation will be just as with PATH_MAX, you can even get the value
> with sysconf and _SC_HOST_NAME_MAX.

FWIW, SUSv2 also has no way to query a max path via sysconf.

--
Robbe