Re: Savannah and sourceforge

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 10:30:36AM +0800, Jonathan Hunt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm confused. I got the hurd sourcecode of the hurd project at savannah. That
> is what I understood to be THE official GNU hurd development place. But then
> there is a hurd project at sourceforge. Which is THE real GNU hurd - I assume
> the savannah project is but then what's at sourceforge - remnants of a bygone
> era?

Sort of. Savannah is the real place.  The Hurd at sourceforge is just a
place for people who don't want to use the real place for some reason.
It was created before savannah existed, and it has the advantage that we can
be absolutely informal in using it.  If you just need a place to upload some
files to, or some CVS repository where you can butcher around, let us know.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de