err-log

hi

where do all the error messages you get at boot time get written
I found some in /var/log, but there is a lot more that is scrolling off
the screen

I have a 3com 920  eth card in my laptop, I have a feeling it is not supported
or there is something else , all my traslators  ftp tel...... are listed
in /var/log/messages as failing

cheers
Donny

--
 http://www.gnu.org/

     USE GNU
  ,           ,
 /             \
((__-^^-,-^^-__))   Donny Phillips
 `-_---' `---_-'
  `--|o` 'o|--'     WesternGeco
     \  `  /        455, London Road,
      ): :(         ISLEWORTH,
      :o_o:         MIDDSX, TW7 5AB , UK
       "-"

 email:  donny.phillips@westerngeco.com
 Tel:    (44)-020-8585-4417  Direct Dial-In
 Tel:    (44)-020-8585-4175  Dept Fax

 The ASCII image above is:
 Copyright (C) 2001, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or
 modify this image under the terms either:
 GNU General Public License or the
 GNU Free Documentation License