Re: Got Hurd X11 to start... some issues though.

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 07:20:43PM -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> I managed to get X to start up, but lacking a serial mouse at the moment
> I couldn't do much. I think I have a PS/2->serial adapter here somewhere
> if I can find it.

ps/2 mouse is supported by the mouse translator.

>     Using the "nv" driver, I notice that each time I start / stop X, my console
> gets progressively darker. After the fourth time the console is effectively
> black.

This is because X 4 doesn't support your card very well, I think.  I got
this with my card as well.  You can try the 3.3.6 server package for your
card.

Only if the same X version produces a different result on Linux, then we
have a problem.  If this is the case it is important for us to learn about
it.

> I also get this warning "nice() - permission denied"

nice() has some issues... there is a pending bug report about it, but I
haven't verified if this covers what you see or not.  nice() is definitely
not working 100% correct.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de