Re: Hurd packages

[ Philip Charles ]
> Would some kind hacker would produce a script which would do something
> like this:-
>
> Script looks at "app-list", and finds "foo"  and then looks at "full-list"
> and finds "foo.doc" and prints "foo.doc" to "doc.list".

I suppose you mean foo-doc, and mean foreach foo in app-list, which
this shell snippit nicely accomplices,

$ cat app-list | while read LINE ; do grep $LINE-doc full-list ; done \
               > doc-list

On my Debian box this comes up with eight packages in doc-list (where
both app- and full-list contain all 764 packages installed on my
system.)

Regards,

--
Sune Kirkeby                    | Please forgive me if, in the heat of battle,
http://mel.interspace.dk/~sune/ | I sometimes forget which side I'm on.