Re: ae and exim

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 08:06:15AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:

> > I don't know if Turtle has a provision for re-building the package,
> > and possibly adding .0 to the end (Marcus?), but after I get this
> > sorted out, I'll rebuilt ae so you can get the CD out.

> Thanks. It will be great if you can do it.

Got it! Here's the slang problem:

        # Correct the .so link
        cd debian/tmp/usr/lib ; ln -sf /lib/libslang.so.$(SONUMBER) libslang.so

Basically, on G/Linux ports slang lives in /lib, and this creates a
symlink in /usr/lib for some reason.

I don't know what the Right Thing is here - can someone pls explain or
point me to a document that covers the libslang.so vs libslang.so.1
problem?

Tks,
Jeff Bailey