Re: ae and exim

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 12:22:17AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
> Are these packages fixed yet.  If not is there any chance that they will
> be fixed by the end of the month?

I think I just figured out what the 'ae' problem is (I've been working
on this more than I've been working on the exim problem.  I suspect
the exim problem will require me to do a source NMU, since the
maintainers don't appear to have released new versions of the packages
with the fixes in.  Debian policy provides for this, but it's seem
confrontational to me.)

The package slang1-dev contains /lib/libslang.so, so the linker uses
that instead os the /lib/libslang.so.1

I'm building a new slang package in tonight's set, so I'll see if the
problem still exists.  If it does, I'll file a bug against slang.

I don't know if Turtle has a provision for re-building the package,
and possibly adding .0 to the end (Marcus?), but after I get this
sorted out, I'll rebuilt ae so you can get the CD out.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey