Python && cthreads

(This is a running commentary as I work on this.  I may answer my own
questions during this email):

I got it to detect and load headers correctly, and I'm getting this now:

gcc -g -O2 -I./../include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c -o thread.o thread.c
In file included from thread.c:154:
thread_cthread.h: In function `PyThread_acquire_lock':
thread_cthread.h:154: warning: dereferencing `void *' pointer
thread_cthread.h:154: request for member `held' in something not a structure or union
thread_cthread.h:157: warning: dereferencing `void *' pointer
thread_cthread.h:157: request for member `held' in something not a structure or union
make[2]: *** [thread.o] Error 1

Line 154 (Because I added a couple lines at the top) is:

mutex_lock(lock)

Line 157:

success = mutex_try_lock(lock);

Include/pythread.h appears to define PyThread_type_lock as:
typedef void *PyThread_type_lock;

Hmm - There don't appear to be casts to (mutex_t).  Does this actually
work on other cthreads implementations, or is it deadwood?

Lunch time.  More after.